Dearlove, Christopher (UK) chris.dearlove at baesystems.com
Fri Jun 27 03:29:48 PDT 2014

Now that's just deliberately insulting.

No one has suggested not being able to put things on an iPad.

However it also remains useful to put things reliably, and formatted at least to the point of not splitting things cross pages, on paper. Fanfold is just an transparent attempt to make an opinion not your own look archaic.

And this got raised because you may not want paper, but some of us do, and you at least now appear to be ready to steamroller those who disagree with you.

At the moment what appears to be on offer is
- Text, but freeflowing and not suitable (tables and figures will break).
- HTML, where some (but definitely not all) browsers might offer what you want, but at the least not guaranteed.
- PDF, where format is stated as not defined yet. (It's still my best hope, and I think people planning it are thinking of this issue, maybe more than they were.)

I was going to let this rest, I'd made my point, but your response stirred me to this.

--
Christopher Dearlove
Senior Principal Engineer, Communications Group

BAE Systems (Operations) Limited
Registered in England & Wales No: 1996687