[rfc-i] line numbers (was Re: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-flanagan-plaintext-00.txt)

Paul Kyzivat pkyzivat at alum.mit.edu
Thu Jun 26 14:07:46 PDT 2014

On 6/26/14 4:46 PM, Julian Reschke wrote:
> On 2014-06-26 22:34, Paul Kyzivat wrote:

>>> The numbers might (if you put them in; and yes, when they are there they
>>> will be checked for correctness).
>>
>> And then I would be forced to manually renumber with every change? No
>> thanks.
>>
>>> In addition you can always put in your own identifiers, and at least in
>>> the HTML format you'll be able to discover them.
>>
>> I guess I don't know how to do that.
>
> For instance, in <http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc7230.html>, click
> on a section title.

OK. Does this require manually inserting an anchor in every section?

And then how does that show up in the html. I'm guessing it requires
something new in xml2rfc?

I already have trouble making up meaningful anchor names for figures. It
would be kind of annoying to have to make one up for every section.

	Thanks,
	Paul