[rfc-i] diagram issues

Joe Touch touch at isi.edu
Thu Jun 26 11:50:51 PDT 2014

On 6/26/2014 11:05 AM, Ted Lemon wrote:
> On Jun 26, 2014, at 1:21 PM, Joe Touch <touch at isi.edu> wrote:
>> I sincerely doubt anyone looking at an XML2RFC solution will consider that a "technology leader" solution.
>
> Given that the "technology leaders" are all creating closed, complex, buggy technology that looks pretty, I am not convinced that this canard, accurate though it may be, should sway us from our course.
>
> I mean, Microsoft Word is a great app that looks really nice on a modern computer.   Why not use that?

I did, and do - for RFCs and most other things I write.

FWIW, Word documents I wrote still open, including a paper from 1986 and
my disseration from 1991.

I just spoke with a colleague who wanted to post his 1989 PhD
dissertation online and cannot because it is in a combination of LaTeX
and grap, and he can't recover archival versions of the software
compatible with the format he used at the time.

Joe