[rfc-i] reject the past ( was Re: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-flanagan-plaintext-00.txt)

Donald Eastlake d3e3e3 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 09:30:29 PDT 2014

Paul,

The IETF already has bad experience with adopting shiny new
technology. Postscript was permitted for a while for the normative
version of standards until the usual instability of such fancy things
caused that decision to be backed out. I can be pretty confident that
the 1968 version of ASCII isn't going to change. I'm equally confident
PDF and HTML and XML and ... will change.

Thanks,
Donald
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 d3e3e3 at gmail.com