[rfc-i] line numbers (was Re: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-flanagan-plaintext-00.txt)

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Thu Jun 26 08:24:34 PDT 2014

On 6/24/2014 10:04 AM, Dearlove, Christopher (UK) wrote:
> No one I've noticed has suggested that all formats should have line numbers, be easily printable etc.
>
> Just that one format should have those properties.

-10

We need referencing conventions that work across alternative display
forms.  Think of this as an interoperability requirement.  When you cite
a specific bit of text, while you are reading a txt version of the
document, I need to be able to find that same text, while reading an
html version or editing an xml2rfc version.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking