[rfc-i] diagram issues

Ted Lemon mellon at fugue.com
Wed Jun 25 13:04:35 PDT 2014

On Jun 25, 2014, at 3:49 PM, Joe Touch <touch at isi.edu> wrote:
> The question on the table is whether the ASCII version will be rendered incomplete by these updates. As long as we require that the text (words, not art) is normative and that all figures are only supplemental, it's possible to support a variety of display formats. Otherwise, the requirements will devolve into the needed resolution to display a figure, otherwise critical elements won't be visible.

For some sorts of diagrams, rendering diagrams in both media is really easy.   For some, it won't be.   In the latter case, if the diagram is in fact normative, that will be a problem for users of the text document.   It's something that working groups can reasonably decide on, though--in some cases, it will very obviously matter, and in others it won't.