[rfc-i] New Version Notification for draft-flanagan-plaintext-00.txt

Ted Lemon mellon at fugue.com
Wed Jun 25 08:58:31 PDT 2014

On Jun 25, 2014, at 7:53 AM, Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth at adobe.com> wrote:
> But would you ³view source² on HTML in order to determine the HTML anchor??

The key is to be able to point at the thing to which you wish to refer, and get a tag from it that you can use when referring to it, which will work for whoever is looking at your commentary.   So in fact what we want is cut-and-pasteable text associated with the paragraph in the HTML or PDF, ideally that can be made visible as a result of CSS manipulation so that people who are just reading the document for utility don't have to look at it.   And then the anchor in the document should be reachable using that cut-and-pasted text somehow.   So it's not so much that we need to display the anchor, as that we need to optionally display text that can be reliably transformed into the anchor.