[rfc-i] Discovering anchors, was: New Version Notification for draft-flanagan-plaintext-00.txt

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Wed Jun 25 05:04:44 PDT 2014

On 2014-06-25 13:53, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
> On 6/24/14, 4:47 PM, "Ted Lemon" <mellon at fugue.com> wrote:
>
>> On Jun 24, 2014, at 3:58 PM, Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth at adobe.com> wrote:
>>> PDF fully supports anchors - both named and anonymous.
>>
>> That's as may be, but as a user of a PDF document, how do I find out what
>> the anchor is that refers to a particular paragraph, supposing that we
>> give it an anchor?
>
> In Adobe¹s Acrobat application, there is a panel called ³Destinations²
> that will show you all the anchors in the document and where they point.

Reader or Acrobat? (I don't see it in Reader).

> I am sure that other PDF viewing applications can do that same.
>
> But would you ³view source² on HTML in order to determine the HTML anchor??

In HTML, I make the section numbers links that link to themselves. Thus
clicking on the section number will update the navigation bar, and one
can copy the link.

Of course for paragraphs, discovery is harder unless we actually include
something visible to click on.

Best regards, Julian