[rfc-i] New Version Notification for draft-flanagan-plaintext-00.txt

Dearlove, Christopher (UK) chris.dearlove at baesystems.com
Wed Jun 25 02:06:07 PDT 2014

The C and C++ standards (including the latest) do not define byte as 8 bits. 8 bits minimum, and 8 bits on every machine I've used, but the formal definition is not as always 8 bits.

However, I agree this is beside the point, variability of byte wasn't a great analogy (not mine).

--
Christopher Dearlove
Senior Principal Engineer, Communications Group

BAE Systems (Operations) Limited
Registered in England & Wales No: 1996687