[rfc-i] New Version Notification for draft-flanagan-plaintext-00.txt

"Martin J. Dürst" duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Wed Jun 25 01:49:17 PDT 2014

On 2014/06/25 04:12, Julian Reschke wrote:
> On 2014-06-24 20:21, Tim Bray wrote:

>> https://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/201x/2014/06/08/Trusting-Browser-Code#p-1
>>

>> However, when you copy out multiple paragraphs, the pilcrow comes along.
>
> Funny enough, I was looking at that page earlier today (and Mark's blog
> from back then) to remind myself why I added this and then backed it out
> again.
>
>> Maybe this could be avoided with sufficient javascript wizardry?
>
> If anyone knows, please let us know.

I haven't tested this, but I guess one way to do it would be to create
an empty element with enough height/width, and the pilcrow sign (or
whatever else) as a background.

>> - make the addresses easy to discover.  Much of the population is
>> perfectly capable of doing “view source” and discovering the id=, but if
>> you don’t mind a copied-in marker, it’s also easy to make the discovery
>> easier.
>
> In the meantime I discovered
> <http://davidwalsh.name/html5-context-menu>, which work just fine in
> Firefox (and just there for now it seems), but this has the benefit of
> being totally non-intrusive.

Yes, very non-intrusive, but maybe too non-intrusive for people to
discover (at least until every web site with a certain ambition has such
content menus).

Regards,   Martin.