[rfc-i] Excursion on RFC 5444 [Was:Re: Jave ascii art editor]

Elwyn Davies elwynd at folly.org.uk
Tue Jun 24 15:43:56 PDT 2014

[Totally off topic]
> For the format defined in RFC5444 (a regexp derivative - and here’s a
> memory test, Elwyn, who was the GEN-ART reviewer for that document?)

Had to retrieve that one from tertiary storage! :-)

January 2008 was a while and about 80 gen-art reviews ago! ARRGH!!!
Quite a contentious one that.  RegExp raised a few hackles (I was quite
mild on that one I thought).

>  and used in a few protocols now,

Perhaps we should try out RFC 5444 for the DTN BPbis (coming to an
incipient DTN WG maybe after Toronto).

I have to say that there are aspects of the existing RFC 5050 BP that
might be better expressed as ABNF (or a RegExp grammar).

/elwyn