[rfc-i] New Version Notification for draft-flanagan-plaintext-00.txt

Ted Lemon mellon at fugue.com
Tue Jun 24 11:58:18 PDT 2014

On Jun 24, 2014, at 2:30 PM, Thomas Clausen <ietf at thomasclausen.org> wrote:
> I’m actually just old enough to have known systems where they called a “9 bit thing” for a byte. So again, context.

I'm old enough to have hacked on systems that used a variable byte length, but for better or worse, byte means octet now, unless you have a KL-10 in your basement.

> So question: why can’t we do anchors and tags in both places? One per paragraph for Ted, and one at regular intervals for me?  If it’s just meta-data then I can’t for the life of me see a valid reason to preclude one or the other?

We can't do things for Ted or for Thomas.   And we can't do anchors at regular intervals because we don't have a way to define the interval.