[rfc-i] New Version Notification for draft-flanagan-plaintext-00.txt

Ted Lemon mellon at fugue.com
Tue Jun 24 10:58:19 PDT 2014

On Jun 24, 2014, at 1:53 PM, Thomas Clausen <ietf at thomasclausen.org> wrote:
> That’s like asking “what’s a byte”, isn’t it?

No, it's not.   A byte is eight bits.   A line is the number of characters that fit on the display without splitting a word in the middle.   The one is a constant; the other is variable.

I can't remember whether this got specified, but I wanted to have a tag on each paragraph that could be used as a stable reference.   I agree that counting paragraphs off a section head can be a PITA, but I personally have also found page numbers to be too coarse, so I don't mind losing them if we get paragraph numbers.