[rfc-i] New Version Notification for draft-flanagan-plaintext-00.txt

Thomas Clausen ietf at thomasclausen.org
Tue Jun 24 06:49:09 PDT 2014

On Jun 24, 2014, at 15:39, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke at gmx.de> wrote:

> On 2014-06-24 15:34, Dearlove, Christopher (UK) wrote:
>> " If you're really interested you may want to look at PrinceXML which"
>>
>> Is exactly the wrong mindset. We want someone who has heard about X, puts X into Google, and finds an RFC. (We'll assume it's a well-written RFC that is what he wants.) Unfortunately that search may not get the ideal, the tools page. But let's assume he's lucky and does.
>
> OK, that sounds to me like you're not *that* interested.

I think that that’s a *very* strong and *very* wrong conclusion to make, Julian. A fallacy, even.

As protocol engineers, we’re *that* interested in having tools that do not get in the way of designing, reviewing, and implementing protocols.

But we do not care about PrinceXML and the sort. At least, I don’t.  Assuming that those who do not enthusiastically “…may want to look at PrinceXML which…” are “not *that* interested”  is actually a little insulting.