[rfc-i] New Version Notification for draft-flanagan-plaintext-00.txt

Dearlove, Christopher (UK) chris.dearlove at baesystems.com
Tue Jun 24 06:34:44 PDT 2014

" If you're really interested you may want to look at PrinceXML which"

Is exactly the wrong mindset. We want someone who has heard about X, puts X into Google, and finds an RFC. (We'll assume it's a well-written RFC that is what he wants.) Unfortunately that search may not get the ideal, the tools page. But let's assume he's lucky and does.

Maybe HTML is what he wants to read online. There's a  link for that. Maybe he wants to print it. He knows that his browser is flaky on printing (*) - but there's a PDF link, that will do. He looks at the text version, but it isn't really offering him anything. Though when reading online it and PDF are similar. (I actually usually read text rather than HTML or PDF online, but that's due to familiarity.)

What he certainly isn't going to do is look at PrinceXML or anything else.

(*) [Off topic.] You say " It may be true that print support isn't a priority anymore for browser developers". Was it ever?

--
Christopher Dearlove
Senior Principal Engineer, Communications Group

BAE Systems (Operations) Limited
Registered in England & Wales No: 1996687