Dearlove, Christopher (UK) chris.dearlove at baesystems.com
Tue Jun 24 06:11:49 PDT 2014

Most people do not have the spare effort to consider what they assume will be nitpicking details to, for example, efficiently enable production of HTML. They assume that no one will do something that seriously reduces functionality. They trust people who are involved to do the right things. Same as people working on protocol X don't attend every other protocol Y working group to check nothing bad is happening there.

But as you've made it clear nothing is going to change, I'm not sure there's anything more to say.

But I'd be interested if you posted on IETF discuss with a subject line like "Printing RFCs cleanly will no longer be supported" to see how many people realise that's what you are saying. (If it's not what you are saying, which format will allow me to print an RFC without unplanned page breaks in tables or figures, not overly limited to specific tools, and tool settings, to do so?)

--
Christopher Dearlove
Senior Principal Engineer, Communications Group

BAE Systems (Operations) Limited
Registered in England & Wales No: 1996687