Dearlove, Christopher (UK) chris.dearlove at baesystems.com
Tue Jun 24 04:04:48 PDT 2014

This does appear to convert plain text from normative to close to useless. At least as the only text version. An unpaginated text version may have uses as a supplementary form rather than a replacement.

Is there going to be a numbered page version with a table of contents with page numbers that I can pick up and print? (PDF?) If so, why not text like that as well?

The current RFC Editor process does pagination as a special extra step at the end. It feels like rather than work out how to do that better, it's being thrown out for convenience of the process rather than the users.

(I'm not sure about changing line lengths. The important thing is that it prints at a sensible point size - 10 minimum - on A4 paper, or similar, with reasonable margins.)

I'm only on this mailing list by sort of accident (I subscribed for something specific, I forget what, and just stayed on it). Most affected people won't be here.

--
Christopher Dearlove
Senior Principal Engineer, Communications Group

BAE Systems (Operations) Limited
Registered in England & Wales No: 1996687