[rfc-i] Is there a use case for 2119 keyword markup?

Larry Masinter masinter at adobe.com
Sat Jun 21 02:44:52 PDT 2014

Oh, and there's a second use case for 2119 keyword markup, which is
to support special styling for the PDF and HTML editions (I'd suggest
small-caps over boldface for  reasons I can explain).

I think this use case is strong but problematic: Reviewers of the document will review not the XML but one of the renditions, raising the possibility artifacts in the conversion process will have unintended consequences in how the documents read.  But this is a general issue for this whole enterprise.

Larry
--
http://larry.masinter.net