[rfc-i] Summary: use case for 2119 markup

Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) rse at rfc-editor.org
Fri Jun 20 15:27:35 PDT 2014

> No, we can't drop it yet unless the RSE chooses to drop it
> prematurely.  If it is a process issue then it's one that we should do
> something about.  If it isn't then it isn't and then you can drop it
> if you still want to.

Sensing the beginning of a flame war, I would like to perhaps cool
waters a bit by pointing out that I have no intention of dropping the
question I am asking--whether or not there are use cases for
semantically marking up 2119 keywords in an RFC--but I think it is
sensible to hold off on further deliberation until IETF 90, given its
proximity.

If the larger debate of process is going to happen, it would be better
to argue it on the ietf-discuss list, at the mic at plenary, or over
coffee or tea or beer at the IETF meeting.

-Heather