[rfc-i] Summary: use case for 2119 markup

Ted Lemon mellon at fugue.com
Fri Jun 20 14:52:25 PDT 2014

On Jun 20, 2014, at 5:07 PM, Nico Williams <nico at cryptonector.com> wrote:
> Maybe I'm just tired and slow today.  What's the nuance that's being added?

Is it capitalized?   If so, does that mean normative?   Is it lower case?   Does that mean not normative?   Is it marked?   Does that mean that all keywords not marked aren't normative?   Even if they are capitalized?

Anyway, can we please drop this?   I really don't want to fight this out here.   I'm just pointing out that at least from my perspective as an AD who reviews a lot of documents, this is a significant change, and, again from my perspective, what this change means isn't clear.   If you think I'm just talking nonsense, feel free to ignore me, but Heather asked if she'd listed all the issues that came up, and these are two issues that weren't in her list that I consider significant.