[rfc-i] Summary: use case for 2119 markup

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Fri Jun 20 14:04:14 PDT 2014

On 6/20/2014 1:37 PM, Ted Lemon wrote:
> On Jun 20, 2014, at 4:24 PM, Andrew Sullivan <ajs at anvilwalrusden.com>
> wrote:
>> Wait a minute.  I thought we were _already_ accepting a process
>> change, because the "canonical" version of the file is no longer to
>> be the text file, but instead some other format.

Yes, but... that's not carte blanche to mess with whatever whim hits the
RSE (not that I'm saying they are whimsical, of course).

Especially since the choice of canonical representation has been for one
that is already established here, messing with document semantics
crosses into new territory.

d/
--
Dave Crocker