[rfc-i] Is there a use case for 2119 keyword markup?

Ted Lemon mellon at fugue.com
Thu Jun 19 06:52:46 PDT 2014

On Jun 19, 2014, at 9:24 AM, Dearlove, Christopher (UK) <Chris.Dearlove at baesystems.com> wrote:
> That may not be the official IESG position. It's the de facto IESG position. ADs can and do query whether something that is MUST ought to be must and vice versa.

No, this isn't actually true.   This is something the IESG has discussed recently, and what you have said is not in fact the consensus of the IESG.   We haven't actually come to a consensus on this topic, but you can see the incremental results of the discussion here:

http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/iesg/trac/wiki/Draft2119BoilerplateSuggestions