[rfc-i] Is there a use case for 2119 keyword markup?

Dearlove, Christopher (UK) chris.dearlove at baesystems.com
Thu Jun 19 03:47:27 PDT 2014

Of course RFC 2119 doesn't discuss mixing 2119 and non-2119 usage of these words in a document, and distinguishing between them with upper and lower case - it doesn't even make upper case mandatory. This is all post-2119 custom and practice. (Effectively mandated by the IESG.)

Of course authors could continue to write MUST and have it automatically converted to whatever form wanted at RFC Editor stage.

--
Christopher Dearlove
Senior Principal Engineer, Communications Group

BAE Systems (Operations) Limited
Registered in England & Wales No: 1996687