[rfc-i] xml.resource.org is up again

George, Wes wesley.george at twcable.com
Fri Jun 6 08:02:48 PDT 2014

On 5/28/14, 11:00 AM, "Tony Hansen" <tony at att.com> wrote:

>Because of the recent DNS changes for xml.resource.org, and the magic of
>redirection, the DNS for xml.resource.org is essentially under IETF
>control. Not 100%, but close enough. (xml.resource.org is now a CNAME
>pointing to a name under ietf.org that we control.)

Since it’s the anniversary of world IPv6 day, I disabled IPv4 at my desk
and tried to do work. Happened to have a draft I needed to run through
XML2RFC.
That ended badly:

HDCMAC152433:~ e158182$ dig aaaa xml.resource.org

xml.resource.org.       37      IN      CNAME   xml2rfc.ietf.org.
xml2rfc.ietf.org.       860     IN      CNAME   zinfandel.tools.ietf.org.

HDCMAC152433:~ e158182$ dig aaaa xml2rfc.ietf.org
xml2rfc.ietf.org.       1799    IN      CNAME   zinfandel.tools.ietf.org.

HDCMAC152433:~ e158182$ dig aaaa zinfandel.tools.ietf.org

*crickets chirping*

Please fix. Given Happy Eyeballs’ tendency to obscure IPv6 problem by
seamlessly falling back to IPv4, testing with IPv4 disabled may need to
become part of standard rollout procedure in order to ensure that it
actually works over IPv6.

Wes George