[rfc-i] [Tools-discuss] [xml2rfc] xml.resource.org is up again

Henrik Levkowetz henrik at levkowetz.com
Tue Jun 3 03:31:55 PDT 2014

Hi Nico,

On 2014-06-02 17:02 Nico Williams said:
> On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 7:07 AM, Henrik Levkowetz <henrik at levkowetz.com> wrote:
>> On 2014-05-29 19:41 Nico Williams said:
>>> My vote is for bibxml.ietf.org for the bibxml fdata.
>>
>> FWIW, that works for me.  However, does that mean that the bibxml files
>> should *not* be available at the same place as xml2rfc, which is the (or
>> one of the) primary tools that use it?
>
> No, though xml2rfc.ietf.org might mirror, link to, or redirect to
> bibxml.ietf.org.
>
>> And if we keep bibxml files available also under xml2rfc.ietf.org, how
>> useful is bibxml.ietf.org ?
>
> They are independent, separable things to me.  That doesn't mean they
> must be separated, but they are difference classes of service too:
>
>  - tool downloads and docs are not a high-priority service
>  - bibxml is a first-class service that must stay available

The the number of people commenting to me on the service being down seemed
to predominantly be concerned with the online xml2rfc service, not the
bibxml service used by xml2rfc, so I suspect that different people view
the service requirement for these differently.  (After the release of xml2rfc
version 2, xml.resource.org has not been a tool download resource.)

> IMO they are best separated.

WFM, I guess.  Other viewpoints?

	Henrik