[rfc-i] Host names and ownership of the XML coverter

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Mon Jun 2 08:35:08 PDT 2014

On Jun 2, 2014, at 3:09 AM, Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) <rse at rfc-editor.org> wrote:

> On 6/2/14, 3:03 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:
>> Are you going to maintain them for Internet Drafts, W3C specs, etc, as
> well?
>
> I would prefer that we (RFC Editor) did so and I think it makes sense,
> but I have to make sure we have the resources to take it on.

You don't currently have the resources to take this on, but you might in the future. So might the IETF. I have a strong concern that, if the RFC Editor takes this on, that there isn't any chance that they would say "that reference isn't in any RFCs yet so we don't want to put in the effort to add it to the database". The database is needed first for Internet Drafts, then for RFCs.

--Paul Hoffman