[rfc-i] [Tools-discuss] [xml2rfc] xml.resource.org is up again

Nico Williams nico at cryptonector.com
Mon Jun 2 08:02:21 PDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 7:07 AM, Henrik Levkowetz <henrik at levkowetz.com> wrote:
> On 2014-05-29 19:41 Nico Williams said:
>> My vote is for bibxml.ietf.org for the bibxml fdata.
>
> FWIW, that works for me.  However, does that mean that the bibxml files
> should *not* be available at the same place as xml2rfc, which is the (or
> one of the) primary tools that use it?

No, though xml2rfc.ietf.org might mirror, link to, or redirect to
bibxml.ietf.org.

> And if we keep bibxml files available also under xml2rfc.ietf.org, how
> useful is bibxml.ietf.org ?

They are independent, separable things to me.  That doesn't mean they
must be separated, but they are difference classes of service too:

 - tool downloads and docs are not a high-priority service
 - bibxml is a first-class service that must stay available

IMO they are best separated.

Nico