[rfc-i] Host names and ownership of the XML coverter

Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) rse at rfc-editor.org
Mon Jun 2 02:18:59 PDT 2014

On 5/28/14, 8:38 AM, Paul Hoffman wrote:
> On May 28, 2014, at 8:02 AM, Ted Lemon <Ted.Lemon at nominum.com> wrote:
>
>> I've never understood why we were using the xml.resource.org domain--it
>> doesn't really make any sense, because "xml" is way too generic.
>> So I don't think there's any value in continuing to use it.   I
>> think the rfc-editor.org/ietf.org split makes a lot of sense,
>> iff the RSE agrees.

Hosting the tools somewhere in the ietf.org domain makes sense; it more
accurately reflects the usage pattern and support model.  The
bibliographic data, however, I'd very much like to see hosted at
rfc-editor.org.  I think it makes more sense for the RFC Editor to
maintain that set of information than for the IETF to do so.

-Heather