[rfc-i] <list> brainstorming

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 17:50:38 PST 2014

> I have been told that many if not most of the original HTML elements and structure came from similar stuff used before at IBM (where SGML originated).

Indeed. The "official" solution for documentation at CERN in 1989
was SGML/Bookmaster on the mainframe, and both Tim and Robert
Cailliau were well exposed to it before they did the initial
HTML design. (Actually HTML is more tolerant of unterminated
constructs than my memory of SGML/Bookmaster.)

Regards
   Brian