[rfc-i] <list> brainstorming

Nico Williams nico at cryptonector.com
Tue Jan 28 08:46:01 PST 2014

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 10:36 AM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke at gmx.de> wrote:
> Yup. Hopefully we can come up with something that solves most of the
> problems without causing too much breakage.

To start:

 - allow <list> outside <t>
 - introduce a new element for list elements (<lt>, <li>, whatever)
and distinguish sub-parts of list elements (<dt> and <dd> like
elements)
 - add a list label element
 - obviously allow <t> inside list elements (but not definition lists
definition elements)
 - allow <t> within <t> (indent) or add a new element for that (and
maybe also distinguish from blockquote by adding a blockquote element)

That should cover all or almost all of your points.

Also...

Maybe give lists names; if a name is reused start counting the
second's bullets from the end of the first (hmmm this seems likely
difficult to implement in XSLT, so maybe not).

Being able to cross-reference list elements would be nice, but now
we're getting into wishlist territory.

Nico