[rfc-i] How to change status for an independent stream RFC?

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 11:38:38 PST 2014

On 25/01/2014 21:33, Julian Reschke wrote:
> On 2014-01-25 05:45, Loa Andersson wrote:
>> Folks,
>>
>> I don't know who to ask, but I suspect that the person that know the
>> answer are on this list.
>>
>> We have a draft (draft-zulr-mpls-tp-linear-protection-switching) that
>> never made it to standard track RFC, there were a alternative
>> specification that were picked by the mpls wg.
>>
>> The authors now want to publish it as an Independent Stream RFC,
>> to do so the "Status of this Memo" needs to be changed, but there
>> is no way of doing that in the xml-template we have.
>>
>> How do we do it?
>
> Does
> <http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-xml2rfc-latest.html#element.rfc.attribute.submissionType>
> help?

I'm sure that will help. Pragmatically, it can wait: if you submit a
draft to the ISE with IETF boilerplate, there is an enormous amount of
running code proof that this will not cause any issues. If the draft
is approved, the RFC Editor will apply the appropriate boilerplate in
due course.

   Brian (speaking only as an author with that experience)