[rfc-i] postal addresses, Remove some requirements on element order

John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Mon Jan 6 09:31:00 PST 2014

>locale).  RFC/I-D author postal addresses have rarely ever been
>helpful, perhaps not really helpful for more than 20 years.

I've occasionally found them useful, but only by cutting and pasting
the whole thing so I could mail something to someone.  The internal
structure didn't matter.

>> Well, we could run statistics on the postal addresses of authors :-)

Well, yes, but the current XML matches real addresses so poorly that
it'd probably be easier to do the data mining from the text block.
I don't see anyone arguing that addresses shouldn't be inside <address>.

R's,
John