[rfc-i] Availability of XML Sources

Joe Touch touch at isi.edu
Thu Jan 2 16:28:55 PST 2014

On 1/2/2014 4:19 PM, John Levine wrote:
>> A few of us are still waiting to see how this will play out with modern
>> editing software.
>
> Can we not have the "everyone uses MS Word and it's impossible to
> write plugins" argument again, please?

It's not about plug-ins; it can easily be about post-processors to
convert one version of XML into another.

This discussion has been dancing on the head of a pin regarding the
nuances of details of XML in the absence of the impact of those changes
on authors. That's the part I wanted to raise.

I.e., making suggestions about how to (over)optimize the XML
requirements would be more productive if it considered whether those
changes had any impact - not just on Word, but on other editors as well.

Joe