[rfc-i] Remove some requirements on element order

Nico Williams nico at cryptonector.com
Thu Jan 2 10:25:09 PST 2014

On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 12:19 PM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke at gmx.de> wrote:
> On 2014-01-02 19:15, Nico Williams wrote:

> The author essentially went incommunicado, so the paper mail reached him,
> but he didn't reply.

Not surprising.

> How does the updating part work for I-Ds?

Presumably every I-D submission updates the address list.  Obviously
that wouldn't do for RFCs, but the author lists for RFCs could be
mailman lists, which allow subscribers (authors in this case) (and
admins) to change their subscription addresses.  This would even more
convenient if the RFC author addresses were @ietf.org ones, since a
single operation can change a subscriber's address for *all* @ietf.org
mailman lists (I've taken advantage of this feature twice).

One list per-RFC author, and one list per-RFC of all its authors should do.

Nico