[rfc-i] Availability of XML Sources

Paul Kyzivat pkyzivat at alum.mit.edu
Thu Jan 2 08:02:51 PST 2014

The situation is a bit different for *drafts*.

Currently, when you submit a new draft version you *may* also submit an
xml. And IIUC, the xml is then available to others IFF it was submitted
with the draft.

I think there are a lot of cases where people *are* authoring drafts
with xml2rfc, but aren't always submitting the xml. (E.g., they may only
submit the xml when the draft is going to the RFC editor.)

It would be a nice it we could at least *encourage* the submission of
xml whenever the author has it available. One way to do that would be to
allow the submission of xml in lieu of txt, with the submission tool
then doing the conversion. That has the benefit of ensuring that the two
are consistent.

	Thanks,
	Paul