[rfc-i] how do you use PDF versions of RFCs and Internet Drafts?

Robert Sparks rjsparks at nostrum.com
Thu Feb 27 11:33:51 PST 2014

On 2/25/14, 1:15 PM, Tony Hansen wrote:
> I'm gathering information on how PDF versions of RFCs and Internet
> Drafts are used by the community.
>
> 1) How do you use PDF versions of RFCs and Internet Drafts?
For review of drafts, and for helping to communicate about the content
of RFCs when in interoperability discussions.
> 2) What are your preferred sources for these PDFs?
For draft review, I tend to roll my own from the text using ghostscript
and ps processing tools.
I tend not to share my marked up copies - they are information for me to
compose email with,
(when I was doing telechat reviews, I would construct comments/discusses
from them using cut-paste).

For helping people in email, if quoting text blocks aren't enough, I'll
send marked up versions of
the pdfs on tools.ietf.org.
> 3) What PDF features do you use? What PDF features do you not use?
I heavily use search and markup (highlighting, and adding anchored
comments).

Note that I tend _not_ to print the pdfs (I did several years ago, but
I've moved to almost
exclusively working with readers on ipads for review).

RjS