[rfc-i] how do you use PDF versions of RFCs and Internet Drafts?

Riccardo Bernardini framefritti at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 12:30:08 PST 2014

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 8:15 PM, Tony Hansen <tony at att.com> wrote:
> I'm gathering information on how PDF versions of RFCs and Internet Drafts
> are used by the community.
>
> 1) How do you use PDF versions of RFCs and Internet Drafts?

Sometimes I print them, sometimes I read it on screen off-line (say
50-50).  The "screen" usually is a laptop or a notebook (an old Asus
eee-PC with a tiny screen :-).  Actually, for screen reading, if I am
online, I prefer the HTML version.

> 2) What are your preferred sources for these PDFs?

tools.ietf.org/pdf/draft-foo-bar

> 3) What PDF features do you use? What PDF features do you not use?

Mostly hyperlinks to sections and bibliographic references.  (and text
searching, of course, although it is not PDF-specific)

Riccardo