[rfc-i] Text no longer definitive (was Re: Proposed way forwards on backward compatibility with v2)

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 15:17:13 PST 2014

On 19/02/2014 11:49, Nico Williams wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 4:35 PM, Brian E Carpenter
> <brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Respecting accessibility guidelines is a Good Thing. But I dispute
>> that this particular point is well known in the IETF as a whole,
>> even if it's understood by some people.
>
> Who cares if some I-D author doesn't know this guideline?  Isn't this
> one of the reasons we have a publication process?

We have a review process that is far from watertight due to
the size and complexity of the IETF (not to mention the
other streams). So it matters that we don't have published
accessibility guidelines for authors, WG members, WG chairs,
ADs, and review teams to use.

It definitely matters that authors are made aware of
the guidelines. The effort of fixing a document is far
greater and involves more people when a defect is found
late in the process.

    Brian