[rfc-i] Text no longer definitive (was Re: Proposed way forwards on backward compatibility with v2)

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Tue Feb 18 09:41:37 PST 2014

On 2/18/2014 9:27 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:
> The ASCII art will be just a fallback and not be normative.

This points to a fundamental policy change by the RFC Editor that I missed:

      The text version of an RFC will no longer
      be treated as the definitive version.

It might well have been an implication of the other decisions made an
stated -- AND I'm not seeking to open a debate about whether it's a good
decision.

Rather, I want to make sure that this is a clear and accurate statement
of a specific policy change, since it's such a major change.

d/
--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking