[rfc-i] Proposed way forwards on backward compatibility with v2

Ted Lemon mellon at fugue.com
Tue Feb 18 08:42:39 PST 2014

On Feb 18, 2014, at 11:23 AM, Nico Williams <nico at cryptonector.com> wrote:
> Well, first, there's the possibility of ASCI->SVG conversion (there's
> a couple of suitable converters out there).  There's also the inverse
> possibility (though that's harder, I think, considering the
> constraints we have).

I think SVG->ASCII is easier, although it may produce too-large diagrams.   But really SVG and ASCII art are both poor representations for most things that appear in diagrams, because the semantics are not present in the representation, and can only be appreciated by someone who can look at the picture.