[rfc-i] Proposed way forwards on backward compatibility with v2

Paul Kyzivat pkyzivat at alum.mit.edu
Tue Feb 18 08:11:30 PST 2014

On 2/18/14 10:53 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:

> We already decided that we're switching to a format the can contain
> better graphics formats.
>
>> Since we are unlikely to abandon plain text, I'm satisfied, as an
>> author, to concentrate on getting the text format to look good.
>
> AFAIU, plain text will continue to be generated, however it will be
> limited in that it won't necessarily contain all information that is in
> the actual RFC.

Rather than create diagrams in *both* ascii art and a better format, I'm
likely to continue to stick to ascii.

If we allow the diagrams to be provided *only* in a better format that
can't be automatically rendered in plain text, then the text diff tools
will be broken. Again this discourages switching.

	Thanks
	Paul