[rfc-i] reference extensions

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Mon Feb 17 11:31:21 PST 2014

On Feb 17, 2014, at 10:44 AM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke at gmx.de> wrote:

> You seem to have a different understanding of "immutable" then :-)

Smiley noted. To me, draft-lastname-wgname-protocolname is immutable in that it always refers to a specific set of documents at the time that the reference is made; that set can of course be expanded later. I recognize that this discussion has been had on this list and elsewhere in the past, with wildly-varying opinions firmly expressed. I believe that the difference of opinions is not important here because it is up to the stream bodies (and not us) to decide whether or not they will accept non-qualified draft file names when deciding how to progress a draft. The RFC Editor has already decided not to accept such names for published RFCs.

--Paul Hoffman