[rfc-i] <postalbody>

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Sun Feb 16 02:54:40 PST 2014

> 2.31. <postalbody>
>

>    A method for presenting a postal address without using <street>,
>    maintain horizontal whitespace and line breaks in the text of the
>    <postalbody> element.
>
>    This element appears as child element of: <postal> (Section 2.30).
>
>    Content model: only text content.

That's a bit weird. As whitespace this becomes an element that can not
be indented in the source file. that is:

<author>
   <address>
     <postal>
        <postalbody>
          42, Example Str
          City
          Country
        </postalbody>
     </postal>
   </address>
</author>

...will not produce what's intended.

I believe it would be better to have <postalline>, where whitespace is
not significant, and allow that to repeat.

Furthermore:

>    Contains optional child elements providing postal information.  These
>    elements will be displayed in an order that is processor-specific.
>    Thus, a postal address should probably contain only a set of
>    single <postalbody> element, but not both.

That should be actually reflected in the grammar.

Best regards, Julian