[rfc-i] Supporting both ease-of-entry and un-labeled list items in v3

Nico Williams nico at cryptonector.com
Thu Feb 13 12:50:15 PST 2014

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 2:21 PM, Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat at alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> While legal, it's ugly! It is more or less like the <vspace> hack.

+1.

> (And, is <t/> equivalent to <vspace blankLines='1'/> or <vspace
> blankLines='0'/>?)

Since we have vspace, and since that's fairly self-explanatory
(whereas <t/> isn't), I'd rather just not allow <t/>.

> Certainly doesn't seem like the preferred way to accomplish the end.

Right, I'd rather allow mixing text nodes and <t> than this.  But more
than that, I'd rather say that if you will use <t> in <li>, then you
mustn't mix in text nodes in <li>, but you get the choice of not using
<t> in single-paragraph <li>s.  That was one of the proposals
(Julian's IIRC).

Nico