[rfc-i] List requirements for v3

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Wed Feb 12 23:37:31 PST 2014

On 2014-02-13 02:59, Paul Hoffman wrote:
> Now, with better subject lines! :-)
>
> On Feb 12, 2014, at 5:31 PM, Jim Schaad <ietf at augustcellars.com> wrote:
>
>> Is there a requirement to allow for figures to show up in <li> elements as
>> well?
>
> Not yet, but it seems sensible to me. I can certainly imagine places where it would be useful. Are there any objections (assuming that we keep the <li> idea)?

Yes. Figures do not belong into lists. For instance, they come with
their own alignment attributes.

What *is* needed is the ability to embed preformatted examples into
lists. Right now we abuse figures for that, but once we have a better
element for that, it should be allowed anywhere <t> is allowed.

Best regards, Julian