[rfc-i] Update to the v3 format document: draft-hoffman-xml2rfc-01

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Wed Feb 12 11:57:50 PST 2014

On Feb 12, 2014, at 11:47 AM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke at gmx.de> wrote:

> We can support both inline elements (text, <xref>) and block elements (<t>), but why would we want to allow to combine them?

Because it makes it easier to create an Internet Draft, which is a design goal. Compare the current proposal:

   <list style="symbols">
      <li>This is the first element with a bullet.</li>
      <li>This is the second element with a bullet.
         <t>This is part of the second element,
         but it does not have a bullet</t></li>
      <li>This is the third element with a bullet.</li>
   </list>

With the one you seem to be proposing:

   <list style="symbols">
         <t>This is part of the second element,
         but it does not have a bullet</t></li>
   </list>

I suspect that someone who just wants to write an Internet draft would prefer the first.

--Paul Hoffman