[rfc-i] References for non-standards

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Wed Feb 12 10:20:27 PST 2014

On 2014-02-12 18:55, Yaron Sheffer wrote:
> Hi Julian,
>
> Sorry, I used "XMLbib" instead of "bibxml" (a.k.a. the <reference>
> format). The Github link has a "tests" directory with a number of test
> cases, which the Python script converts into <reference> entries.
> Different bibtex databases are not very consistent, so the results are
> quite basic - not all bibtex fields appear in the output.
>
> If you could create a usable conversion service from it, that would be
> grand.

Oh; I thought you were using a generic bibtex-to-xml conversion (I
believe there is one), and we "just" need an XML-to-XML conversion.

> And then, what kind of syntax should I use to include one or two such
> bibtex entries from my draft? Can I do something like:
>
> <reference src="http://julian.com/convert2ref/url=..."/>
> ..

XML already has inclusion utilities (see
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc2629xslt/rfc2629xslt.html#examples.internalsubset>),
but I'd avoid doing this for references. Just convert them once and
paste them in.

Best regards, Julian