[rfc-i] [xml2rfc] #230: center in figure does not work in 2.4.5

Jim Schaad ietf at augustcellars.com
Wed Feb 12 09:39:38 PST 2014

I have tracked down the problem with this.

The code for the tcl and the python assume that they can do this, but the
dtd currently disallows for the feature to be implemented.  The DTD
specifies  a default value for the align attribute of left.  This means that
there is no ability to inherit the value from the figure.

Two options -
Close the bug as won't fix and make sure it is correctly documented
Change the dtd so that the align attribute on artwork is implicit.
    Another possible change is to make the align attribute on figure as
implicit as well based on the fact there is a default figure align PI
implemented in the python version, but I am not sure it exists in the tcl
version.

Jim