[rfc-i] DOIs and RFCs

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Wed Feb 12 08:16:06 PST 2014

On 2/12/2014 8:06 AM, Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) wrote:
> In looking at this from a publisher perspective, assigning DOIs to
> publications is considered a best practice for the scientific and
> technical community.

Heather, you just don't understand.  The IETF is a force unto itself.
We've been around a long time. Hell, we changed the world.  So  everyone
should know how to access our documents, without having to use someone
else's citation conventions.  What we've got has been working for
decades, so it doesn't matter what other folk do or want.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking