[rfc-i] DOIs and RFCs

Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) rse at rfc-editor.org
Tue Feb 11 14:15:09 PST 2014

Hello all,

John Levine has written an I-D on assigning Digital Object Identifiers
(DOIs) to RFCs.  This draft has been accepted by the IAB as an IAB
stream draft.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-doi/

I encourage you all to look it over and offer your comments.  Changes
will be considered and, if accepted, incorporated into a new draft prior
to the official Call for Comments.

Since this draft impacts the entire RFC Series but was not written by
the RFC Editor, I will be acting more as a document shepherd for the draft.

After the rfc-interest community has had a chance to look this over, I
will ask the RSOC to review the process I have followed to inform the
community and collect input, and the IAB to start the Call for Comments
period.  The Call for Comments period will direct the broader community
here for additional comments and discussion.

Thank you for your time,
Heather Flanagan, RSE